General Information of Breed:
|Breed Name||Anatolian Shepherd|
|Mass||41kg(Adult,Female) , 68kg(Adult,Male)|
Anatolian shepherd dog is one of the Top 10 Large dog breeds. Massive in size and great in skills. This one is a muscular breed. Anatolian shepherd has a thick neck and broad heads. They have wired hair which needs to be brushed properly in a warm weather with soft comb to avoid excessive dog shedding.
See also : How to avoid excessive dog shedding
Generally male Anatolian shepherd dog grows till 31 inches tall where female grows till 29 – 30 inches. This breed has thick coat near throat. They may looks like a huge dog breed. Actually they are thin dog breed which has heavy large rib cage. Small stomach gives a particular look to this tall dog breed.
- Anatolian Shepherd is an independent breed. Developed to be responsible of his owners flock without human assistance.
- This breed needs socialization training to overcome the shyness and to become a better companions of its master
- Intelligent and quick learners
- Efficient to attack wild animals to save his master or his property.
- Specifically bred to hunt small animals and shepherd other cattle animals.
- This breed is not recommended for small house and quarters.
- Easy mingle type, especially with other animals like cats. But dog owner should provide a space and let them to be independent.
- Puppies have a special interest on fetching. Dog tricks and dog training will be helpful to make a wonderful companion dog breed.